nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] Specific installation problems with the nufw

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] Specific installation problems with the nufw
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 21:32:14 +0100

Hi,

Michael Bühringer a écrit :
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I'm a student of a German school for Computer Sciences (Berufsfachschule
> Roth).
>
> All students in my class have a project to do. In my case I have to built a
> Linux-Firewall-Server for IPv6 and traffic logging, like the nufw or edenwall.

Nice project !

> After some research I found two different installation instruction scripts
> which should help me to install nufw on a Debian system.
>
> Although I followed the script step by step I failed.
>
> I would be very grateful if you could help me with some technical support, or
> some good tips to install and configurate the nufw on a Debian system.
>

> Here an example where I have a problem I can't solve myself:
>
>               http://software.inl.fr/trac/wiki/nufw_install_debian
>
> At first, where or how can I check my configuration for the kernel or chance
> it using NFQUEUE target?

You need a kernel more recent than 2.6.13 to have NFQUEUE included.

To check if NFQUEUE is available, try to run:
        "iptables -A OUTPUT -j NFQUEUE --help"
If there is no error but an help message, you can use NFQUEUE.

> When I get to “Installing nutcpc” I only get an error message when I do step
> “$ nutcpc -H <hostname> -U <username>”.

Please provide the error, we can not guess it.

> Another problem came up with the nulog, when I'm trying to copy the sample
> configuration file "# cp /usr/share/doc/nulog/nulog_apache.conf
> /etc/apache2/conf.d/nulog", because there is no directory with the file.

Which version of nulog do you use ? What are you trying to do ?

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <address@hidden>
INL: http://www.inl.fr/