nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] client hangs while trying to connect to nuauth

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] client hangs while trying to connect to nuauth
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 13:53:58 +0200

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 13:40, Lockenvitz Jan EXT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm trying to get the nufw working.

which version did you use ? 0.9.X by reading the rest of your mail...

> I configured it for plaintext usage and created the keys for the
> client and nuath but when I try to
> connect with  "nutcpc -U 100 -H <ip>" i have to enter the passphrase
> an thats it!

Yes this is the way to go.

> Nuauth has been started with debugging an print out the following:
>
> ** Message: recieved : .
> ** Message: setting mx to 10
> ** Message: setting mx to 9
> ** Message: mx set to 9
> ** Message: NuFW TLS Handshake was complete

OK tls is oK

> now nothing happens
> if i kill the client, nuauth is talking again:
>
> ** Message: client didn't choose mechanism
> ** Message: recieved : .

Ok it seems sasl negotiation on client did not start correctly.
which version of cyrus sasl did you have on client?
 I've test it with
2.1.19.

Don't forget to install sasl modules on client, it is needed to be able
to negotiate correctly with server. It really looks like there is no
modules available and client refuses to continue negotiation.
On debian unstable I've got :
ii  libsasl2    2.1.19-1.1
ii  libsasl2-modules 2.1.19-1.1

BR,