Re: [nmh-workers] Autocrypt.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] Autocrypt.
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 17:53:46 -0400

>I'll have time to reply to nmh emails in a few days, but meanwhile
>I thought I'd mention Autocrypt having spotted once again its huge
>header in emails I receive.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocrypt

I have been thinking about the architectue nuts and bolts required
to do encryption right; I deal with a lot of S/MIME at $DAYJOB (I am
not looking forward to writing a CMS parser), but of course supporting
GPG is essential as well.  And I think this is interesting ... we need
to be able to insert the correct header (we have reasonable tools for
that) and have some per-destination state; that suggests we should be
maybe export some tools for generic key-value manipulation?  Oh, hm,
we already have the context file for that, and I guess we can use "anno"
on that (but is it rich enough to handle everything?).  Worth keeping this
in mind!

>Perhaps one for (Ken's) https://www.nongnu.org/nmh/rfc.html page,
>if it wasn't just RFCs but standards too?

Hey, it's not my page, it's _our_ page! :-)  I didn't think I was the
one who created it, but I guess I did.  I did add Autocrypt to that.

--Ken