Re: [nmh-workers] send fails

From: wilson
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] send fails
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 09:06:09 -0700

Dear Ralph,

I tried the optioned send, each time leaving out one of the options.
It only failed when I left out -server mail.eskimo.com

So, hoping to be lucky, I added that option to .mh_profile, thus:
mhparam send: -port 2525 -alias /home/wilson/.mh_aliases -server
mail.eskimo.com

Now send -snoop gives

Trying to connect to "mail.eskimo.com" ...
Connecting to 204.122.16.4:2525...
<= 220 mail.eskimo.com ESMTP Postfix
=> EHLO localhost
<= 250-mail.eskimo.com
<= 250-PIPELINING
<= 250-SIZE 50000000
<= 250-ETRN
<= 250-STARTTLS
<= 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
<= 250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
<= 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
<= 250-8BITMIME
<= 250 DSN
=> MAIL FROM:<address@hidden>
<= 250 2.1.0 Ok
=> RCPT TO:<address@hidden>
<= 250 2.1.5 Ok
=> DATA
<= 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
=> .
<= 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 51F00140894
=> QUIT
<= 221 2.0.0 Bye
sw%

This is called a successful hack.  But what is really going on?
You proposed that mts.conf was not being read.  Could that still
be the case?

Stewart