Re: [nmh-workers] send -split not working

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] send -split not working
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 22:03:45 -0500

Ken wrote:

> This begs the question ... should we just remove the message/partial
> code?

Microsoft advises against supporting it, on both the send and receive sides:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee202370(v=exchg.80).aspx

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/exchange_server_protocols/ms-oxcmail/0e13e7e0-819a-4481-879d-bc77194a6411

According to this, message/partial messages were blocked starting with Exchange
2007.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/44a3488a-0680-4c91-87ad-1c6df5846f9a/561-messages-of-type-messagepartial-are-not-supported

While some Ricoh copiers can use it, apparently there's a setting to disable it.

I think that nmh should drop message/partial support.

David