nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] WIP improvement for the website

From: Michael Siegel
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] WIP improvement for the website
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 21:03:03 +0200

Am 01.04.19 um 19:45 schrieb Benno Schulenberg:

> Op 31-03-19 om 22:29 schreef Michael Siegel:
>> The first improvement that should be made to the site is to fix the
>> errors in the markup[1], starting with the doctype declaration.
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.

I just noticed that the errors found by the W3C markup validator might
be entirely due to the fact that the page I fed into it is written in
HTML 4.0, not 4.01.

This also means that if Nano's website was to be improved step by step,
it would have to be done in HTML 4.0, which IMO, doesn't make a lot of
sense.

> For anyone who wants to improve things, this is the repo:
>   git://git.wh0rd.org/git/nano-editor.git

I've had a look at the PHP files. To me, it looks like rewriting them
all completely (in a separate place) would be the best way for anyone to
go about improving things.

If no one else steps up, I could give it a try.