mysql-sr-lib-dev

[Mysql-sr-lib-dev] Test units

From: Giuseppe Maxia
Subject: [Mysql-sr-lib-dev] Test units
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:45:51 +0100

I haven't yet made any test units for my routines, and this is
a shame, because for my Perl development I use to write the test
units before writing any code, and then I consider the work done
when all the test pass without error or warnings.

However, I am delaying the test units, apart from the reason that my time is not
unlimited, because I want to do these tests in a distributable way.

Here I have the same problem that I underlined when talking about
the installation. A test unit in Perl can be ten times more accurate
than simple SQL, not to mention that Perl has a ton of modules to make
tests really meaningful and easy to implement. However, users can
use them only if they have the minimum requirement of having Perl
+ DBI + DBD::mysql.

Any ideas about this dilemma?

Ciao
Giuseppe