mustux-devel

[Mustux-devel] Re: [Protux-devel] SCO crap

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: [Mustux-devel] Re: [Protux-devel] SCO crap
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:00:43 -0300

I know, there no explicit links between mustux and SCO crap, but there is a
indirect one : *IF* ( I am sure it wont) Linux becomes SCO's in the future,
ALSA will be part of proprietary product,
so Protux and all libmustux dependent applications would depend on a
proprietary product.

Unless ALSA become something like AHURSA (Advanced Hurd Sound Architeture) (
;-) ), I suggest that
we explict say in our web site that our work will continue based on the fact
that the code reffered to be
SCO's (JFS, RCU and the other I forgot right now ) HAS NOTHING to do with ALSA
, nor libmustux. So
in a such situation, Linux would surely fork and clean all SCO crap, letting
ALSA keep being developed (so libmustux and all mustux applications )

in few words, all linux parts that involve us are not part of this mess, so ,
in the worse situation, it would be just a matter of forking linux, removing
SCO crap , and keep going.

Also, I suggest to suggest ALSA developers to consider a port of ALSA to HURD
in the future, so we open the chances to stay alive in the future.

RFC

--
Best Regards