loadavg figures - percentages or not?

From: Jamie Burchell
Subject: loadavg figures - percentages or not?
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 14:38:20 +0100

Hi there

On the Monit documentation on “System resource tests” (https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#System-resource-tests) the “loadavg” figures look like they could be percentages rather than absolute values. Is that correct, or am I misreading?

Most of the examples I’ve seen elsewhere for using the “loadavg” checks appear to be using single figures (https://mmonit.com/wiki/Monit/ConfigurationExamples - System Services).

If I’ve misunderstood then I’ll probably want to calculate these values based on the number of processors – but not necessary if these are percentages?

TIA

Jamie