Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] enforce Qt version on mxe

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] enforce Qt version on mxe
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 13:33:22 +1100

> On 14 Feb 2019, at 05:45, Andre Heinecke <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:03:56 PM CET Enrico Reimer wrote:
>>
>> So my question is: Can I somehow enforce the version when making qtbase?
>
> No, that would not work because we have patches that would not apply against
> old versions. Your best bet would be to check out an older version of MXE,
> using git. Just look into the history and you will probably find a Qt 5.6
> version.

There’s an example of “freezing” Qt version using a plugin here:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/tree/master/plugins/examples/qt5-freeze

The README documents copying the makefiles/patches and a side-by-side
install for qmake-based projects.

It isn’t really recommended though, it may not work now and will eventually
break.

Cheers,