mediagoblin-devel

[GMG-Devel] goblinarmy

From: will kahn-greene
Subject: [GMG-Devel] goblinarmy
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 10:39:00 -0400

A long time ago, Elrond and I were talking about creating a goblinarmy group for the wiki (at least, I'm pretty sure that's what we were talking about). I never got around to doing it... until now!

We're getting a ton of spam. All of it on newly created pages. I took a look at the active user list and decided that the next stage in spam prevention is to create a group that is approved people only that can create pages and nix that permission from everyone else.

Thus was born the goblinarmy group.

If you want to be in the group, let me know your wiki username. You can send an email to me privately or tell me on IRC.

/will