maposmatic-contact

Re: [Maposmatic-contact] Croatia

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-contact] Croatia
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:31:29 +0200

Hello Valent!

Le Sun, 27 Sep 2009 22:09:46 +0200,
Valent Turkovic <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi, I read about your service on
> http://www.opengeodata.org/2009/09/24/maposmatic/ and I think it is
> fabulous!
>
> I hope you add other countries to the list soon.

Thanks for your offer!

At the moment, we are working on the support for multiple countries.
However, we're facing issues with the import speed of the full planet
into our database. The full import took a while, but that's not an
issue. Our issue is that updating the database every day with the daily
diffs that are available takes 9 hours. Which means that 9 hours a day,
our server would be fully busy upgrading its database.

We are currently discussing this issue with members of the
OpenStreetMap community. As soon as we'll have solved this issue and
integrated a basic infrastructure to support multiple countries, we'll
contact you again (and all the other nice people who volunteered to
help us translate and adapt the service to their countries).

Thanks for your proposal!

Sincerly,

Thomas
--