lwip-users

[lwip-users] Get Domain name and Host name from DHCP driver?

From: Jason White
Subject: [lwip-users] Get Domain name and Host name from DHCP driver?
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 09:21:01 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am using LwIP v2.0.2. Does anyone know if Hostname and Domain name option fields can be extracted from the standard DHCP driver built into LwIP? I recently found that I need my device to be aware of these fields.

Looking at the parsing code I see there is a compiler define called LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME that appears to enable parsing of the hostname – although I have not tested it.

However, I don’t see anything that references domain name DHCP parameter. Am I correct in concluding that I need to write that part?

-Jason White