lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Threading Question using LWIP with TM4C1294NCPDT

From: vr roriz
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Threading Question using LWIP with TM4C1294NCPDT
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 15:57:22 +0200

>Vitor, make sure your processes are never cycled by the scheduler
otherwise you'll violate the threading requirements. I'd suggest to just
have a single thread for lwip and use a mailbox or similar to trigger
certain actions. The OS will take care that you can write into the
mailbox from any interrupt/thread/timer.

Hi Jan, I do have a "mailbox", I am using a message-passing OS. All my
interrupts just send messages to processes that execute lwIP code, all
these processes have the same priority. What do you exactly mean by "
never cycle"? The scheduling algo is priority level based, without
time-slices.