Re: [Linphone-users] No outgoing sound on Raspberry Pi with USB Headset

From: Samuel Brunner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] No outgoing sound on Raspberry Pi with USB Headset
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 00:51:17 +0200

I have an update:

The Problem wasn't with linphone, but with my networking setup.

On 13.04.2023 14:34, Samuel Brunner wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to setup a Raspberry Pi as a SIP-Phone. I can send and receive calls, but i cannot seem to get the USB-microphone to work.

In my final setup i will use the USB Headset for Ringing, Playback and Capturing. For debugging purposes i have set Ringer and Playback to the audio jack of the Raspberry which is more convenient for debugging. But the USB-Headset is confirmed working as Ringer and Playback device.

Here's a link to my .linphonerc: https://pastebin.com/Xv8WbrKC

Here's a link to a log of an incoming call being answered and terminated: https://pastebin.com/EUezw7rK

Some additional things i checked:

- Microphone is not muted in alsamixer, nor is it disabled
- I tried using a Raspberry 3b+ and a 4b
- I disabled pulseaudio
- The microphone has been testet with arecord.
- Microphone is not muted within linphone
- I tested another USB Mic with audio throughput which did not work either, although again using it as Ringer and Playback worked just fine.

Here are the outputs of some commands that might be of interest:

linphonec> soundcard list
0: PulseAudio: Headset H340 Analog Stereo
1: PulseAudio: Built-in Audio Analog Stereo
2: ALSA: default
3: ALSA: bcm2835 Headphones
4: ALSA: Logitech USB Headset H340

linphonec> soundcard show
Ringer device: ALSA: bcm2835 Headphones
Playback device: ALSA: bcm2835 Headphones
Capture device: ALSA: Logitech USB Headset H340

linphonec> codec list
 0: opus (48000) enabled
 1: speex (16000) enabled
 2: speex (8000) enabled
 3: PCMU (8000) enabled
 4: PCMA (8000) enabled
 5: GSM (8000) disabled
 6: G722 (8000) disabled
 7: speex (32000) disabled
 8: L16 (44100) disabled
 9: L16 (44100) disabled

I will happily provide you with anything further you might need.

All input is appreciated.