[Linphone-developers] Linphone - Flexisip - FreeSWITCH

From: Valentin Boar
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone - Flexisip - FreeSWITCH
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 07:36:58 +0000 (UTC)

Hello everyone,

I want to build a Linphone-based softphone which includes chat and file transfer functionalities, that ultimately needs to connect to a FreeSWITCH-based platform.

What will I need to achieve this?

1. Can I connect directly to FreeSWITCH from Linphone so that it also includes chat capabilities? FreeSWITCH has some modules (mod_sms, mod_dingaling) that allow integration with XMPP services or similar (SIP SIMPLE).

2. Will I need a SIP proxy server between Linphone softphone app and FreeSWITCH? Could that be a Flexisip-based server?

3. I'll also need a file transfer server, which could be based on https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/flexisip-http-file-transfer-server, right?

4. What else do I need to achieve the solution above? Any other inputs?

Thank you,
Valentin BOAR