[Linphone-developers] Wrong grammar for callErrorHangUp event

From: Lennart Mühlenmeier
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Wrong grammar for callErrorHangUp event
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 09:13:34 +0100

Dear Linphone-developers list,

I noticed wrong grammar for the callErrorHangUp event in
linphone-desktop on master. I would be happy, if you could fix it.

Since I do not want to create an account at your Weblate instance, which
is required to contribute to language settings, I am posting to this
mailing list.

I am referring to this line in your code base:

https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-desktop/blob/master/linphone-app/assets/languages/en.ts#L434

It says:

  Remote party hanged up the call.

Merriam Webster explains according to it's website:

  most usage guides reserve hanged for people subjected to death, which
  means if an inanimate object is suspended from a gallows, the correct
  term is hung.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/hung-or-hanged

Thus the referred line should say:

  Remote party hung up the call.

You might want to consider renaming the event from callErrorHangUp to
callErrorHungUp aswell.

I am not subscribed to your mailing list, but I am happy to receive
updates via CC.

Best and thanks for all your work
Lennart

--