[Linphone-developers] Very Curious LinPhone Android Behavior

From: Tom Bevington
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Very Curious LinPhone Android Behavior
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 22:04:27 +0000

We use LinPhone Android clients (Version 5.1.4) to connect to our
Twilio-provided SIP numbers through Asterisk 20 PBX.

We use LinPhone Android's FETCH REMOTE CONFIGURATION option for all of
our clients.

I recently reassigned and reconfigured two numbers and their respective
remote-configuration.xml files.

I then test each of the newly reconfigured remote configuration on my
own linphone android phone via the FETCH REMOTE CONFIGURATION option and
confirmed I could connect to our PBX and make and receive test calls.

So far so good.

However, the actual users using the same android linphone version 5.1.4
with same Android OS and Pixel hardware cannot connect to the PBX with
the same remote configuration files that worked for me.

Both users appear to have solid internet data connections as they can
connect to me by alternative internet channels, e.g. SIGNAL and TELEGRAM
from their laptops and phones.

Does LinPhone Android have any OS-specific or Phone-specific
dependencies outside of what's provided by the remote configuration's
XML File?

That I can successfully toggle between three remote configuration XML
files, successfully connect to the PBX and make/receive calls, while my
two users cannot even connect to the Asterisk PBX with the same XML
files seems very peculiar.