[Linphone-developers] Looking for help with writing a C Linphone app for

From: Anthony Desmarais
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Looking for help with writing a C Linphone app for a Pi
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 21:21:42 +0200

Hi wonder if someone could point me to a tutorial of sorts to get started.

I am trying to write a simple application that will run on a Pi (arm64). As an embedded developer I am more comfortable with C so I would prefer to do it all in C.

The device essentially will respond to a keypad connected to it - based on the input it will call a predefined number and initiate a call with the person on the other end of the line. That person will then be able to hit numbers on his phone keypad to control the device (DTMF tones).

I am trying to find a primer to get started with the development here - I was plannig on starting with the linphone helloworld.c tutorial app or this one: https://download.linphone.org/releases/docs/liblinphone/3.11.1/c/group__basic__call__tutorials.html

However I cannot seem to get even started here.

My question is is there a guide on how to get the development environment up an running to compile the helloworld.c app. Bonus points if this guide is aimed at the Pi.

Alternatively some guide on how to cross compile on a linux box for the Pi.

One guide I found spoke about running the command "apt-get source -b linphone" which started workign ok but it is stuck on Line " Building CXX object linphone-app/CMakeFiles/app-library.dir/src/app/logger/Logger.cpp.o" - the Pi just hangs here.

Thanks in advance

Anthony