[Linphone-developers] Linphone + Xamarin.Forms PCL

From: Erik Drysén
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone + Xamarin.Forms PCL
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 08:07:45 +0000

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice. I am currently working on a project where we decided to investigate if Linphone is the correct path for us to go. Since we found out that there is a SDK available and documentation states that it should be able to run with a PCL project.

So I have couple of thoughts I wouldn't mind having some input on, but I'll start to explain first what I have done. According to Linphone wiki/documentation if one is using a PCL project it is not possible to have the C# wrapper in the PCL. But rather have C# wrapper in the iOS and Android project. So my idea to implement this has been as following :

  1. I created a dependencyservice which I call from the PCL to interact with the C# wrapper in the Android and iOS project, is this a good approach or should I rethink my strategy?
  2. The approach stated above does kinda work, I do actully manage to connect but when I've done so it crashes when calling a method in the C#wrapper. It crasches with a "NotImplementedException" in the C# wrapper which makes me wonder if there is a problem with the C# wrapper or maybe even the SDK itself?
  3. In the iOS project I've included the Linphone SDK as a framework and added it as native references as stated in the documentation, but here I keep getting a DLL not found error which confuses me a bit.

If anyone has any input or ideas I am more than happy to hear them.