[Linphone-developers] commands ignored when sent in quick succession (3.

From: Henrik Pauli
Subject: [Linphone-developers] commands ignored when sent in quick succession (3.11.x)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 13:28:48 +0200

It seems that there was a regression between linphonec/linphoned 3.9 (and earlier) and 3.11 as sending two commands very close to each other has always worked, but now only the last command runs in 3.11

The pasted command is:

autoanswer enable
answer

So two commands, new line inbetween. 3.11 only runs the last command, whereas the exact same situation has resulted in all commands being run in the past:

address@hidden bin]$ ./linphonec -v
version: 3.11.2
address@hidden bin]$ ./linphonec
Ready
Warning: video is disabled in linphonec, use -V or -C or -D to enable.
linphonec> Refreshing on sip:*************...
linphonec> Registration on sip:************* successful.
linphonec> autoanswer enable
answer
There are no calls to answer.
linphonec> ^CTerminating...
Unregistration on sip:************* done.
linphonec>

address@hidden ~]$ linphonec -v
version: 3.9.1
address@hidden ~]$ linphonec
Ready
Warning: video is disabled in linphonec, use -V or -C or -D to enable.
linphonec> Refreshing on sip:*************...
linphonec> Registration on sip:************* successful.
linphonec> autoanswer enable
Auto answer enabled.
linphonec> answer
There are no calls to answer.
linphonec> ^CTerminating...
Unregistration on sip:************* done.
linphonec>

I built the 3.11 myself, with the linphone-desktop repo, leaving out the to me unnecessary GUI and Video... it doesn't seem to pick up Readline though (I'm on Fedora 24). A coworker has installed the same version of Linphone from the official repo you guys have for Centos users, and that too doesn't have Readline in it, and exhibits the same issue with commands. The CMake build doesn't have an option to explicitly enable or disable Readline, but it doesn't seem to work regardless of whether I have readline-devel installed on my system during build.

The regression might just be that the non-readline code path has been buggy for a long time, but we've always used readline-enabled Linphones and so we never noticed. I haven't noticed any strange difference in the code with git diff 3.9.1..3.11.2 console/