[Linphone-developers] Debugging Android builds

From: Henrik Husted
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Debugging Android builds
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 14:25:11 +0200

Hello

I'm trying to debug an Android build, the C code not Java, but I'm having some troubles getting it to work.
Here's what I've done so far.

1) Clone the Android project
2) Set "NDK_DEBUG=1" in the Makefile
3) Run "make" and "make install"

Everything looks to be building ok and the application is copied to my device.
Then I start up the debugger with the following command: ndk-gdb --start --force

This also seems to work as expected. I can now set breakpoints and continue program execution.
But when my breakpoint is hit then I'm not able to see any variables at all. I can single step in the code all I want.

So what am I missing?
It looks like I haven't made a proper debug build. Perhaps optimization is still enabled somewhere? Or perhaps ndk-gdb doesn't know where to find the symbols?

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can get C/C++ debugging working on Android?

rgds
Henrik