[Linphone-developers] How to propagate connections status from liblinpho

From: Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to propagate connections status from liblinphone to linphone?
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 14:21:47 -0200

Hi.

I make the registration using SIP/UDP, then I switch the linphone to use TCP via its settings.
My linphone is registered in a  PABX (Private Automatic Branch Exchange) that doesn't have support for TCP.  I have an account in such PABX.

When I try to make a call, the linphone show me the message about calling  the peer and don't alert me that it is not possible to call using TCP. So, I could be waiting forever, if I didn't know about the PABX limitations.
In this case, I would like to implement an way of alerting the user about the impossibility of using TCP.

Did someone here notice this linphone's characteristic before?
Could someone give me a suggestion on what to do (in terms of software architecture or source code) to let the user knows that it is not possible to chose the TCP option in linphone settings, when the PABX doesn't support TCP connections? What I need is an idea on what to do to read a connection status, in linphone iOS code. I would like to figure out how to send the status about TCP connection, from liblinphone to the linphone, for iOs, if possible.

Any hint will be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho.