Re: [Linphone-developers] building linphone under Win 7 failed

From: Chetan Vinchhi
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] building linphone under Win 7 failed
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 17:51:58 +0530

Hi Arthur,

> The problem occurs when I make linphone. The error messages are attched as
> a PNG file.In case the attachment cannot be delivered, here is one error
> message. The others are similar.
> C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/srtp/config.h:122:0: error: "PACKAGE_NAME" redefined
> [-Werror]
> ../ortp-config.h:117:0 note: this is the location of the previous definition
>
> It seems there are conflicts in MinGW/msys system and the linphone project.
> Do I need to reinstall MinGW?

Incidentally I recently faced the exact same issue. I tried
re-installing everything etc. multiple times, but the conflict between
srtp and oRtp could not be resolved by usual means. I ended up
#ifdefing out the PACKAGE_NAME (and 3 other similar, co-located,
defines) in the srtp config.h. After that the build went smoothly. The
linphone so build did support SRTP.

> BTW, I'm also curious about how to compile linphone under MS Visual Studio.
> Would you kindly give me your VS 2008 solution? Thank you very much.

Ditto to that!!

Regards
Chetan