[Linphone-developers] WINSND overrun

From: Sven Westergren
Subject: [Linphone-developers] WINSND overrun
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:33:17 +0200

Hi all,

We’re having issues with sound buffer overruns on some (rather old) computers. When this happens mediastreamer tries to reset the card but it doesn’t start to play afterwards because nbufs_playing never hits 0.

It’s somewhat difficult to reproduce so I have been trying to analyze the relevant code (winsnd3.c, winsnd_write_process(…) ) and I believe that there’s a missing break statement after line 618.

lines 613-619:

}else{

    /* no more free wavheader, overrun !*/

    ms_warning("WINSND overrun, restarting");

    d->overrun=TRUE;

    d->nsamples=0;

    waveOutReset(d->outdev);

}

Since there’s no break at the end of this else-clause the enclosing loop will continue and subsequent iteration will do a playout_buf() on an occupied wavheader.

Can someone confirm or refute my suspicions?

Best regards

Sven Westergren

nWise Ab