Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone 3.2.1 doesn't know when to stop

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone 3.2.1 doesn't know when to stop
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 19:09:27 -0400

On Wed, Dec  9, 2009 at 18:57 (-0400), Jim Diamond wrote:

> (Pathological) situation:

<snip>

> So it is both in a call and not in a call.  I need to consult with a
> Zen master, I think.

One more factoid.

Using VNC, I click on the "call" button on the remote linphone-3.  It
tries to contact 10.0.2.15, which doesn't work out so well.  After a
short amount of time it realizes this.  However, now the video window
flashes alternately between
- picture-in-picture window (mostly green, the remote webcam in the corner)
and a
- big "no webcam" image.

linphone-3 is so busy doing this (and maybe so confused) that a
"killall linphone-3" from a terminal has no effect.  Fortunately, it
doesn't ignore "killall -9 linphone-3".

                                Jim