[Linphone-developers] Linphone error when using non-standard libeXosip

From: Omar Chanouha
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone error when using non-standard libeXosip
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:45:04 -0400

Hey Everyone,

        I just got linphone and I am trying to port it to an avr32 board. Anyway I have run across a fundamental error. I do, however, have a resolution! As many of you know linphone configure has a --with-osip option, however it does not have a --with-exosip option. The way the m4 scripts are set up: osip.m4 creates OSIP_LIBS which is then used in exosip.m4. The following is an excerpt from osip.m4:

    OSIP_LIBS="-L$osip_prefix/lib -losipparser2${osip_legacy_version}"
    AC_CHECK_LIB(osip2 ...
    AC_CHECK_LIB(osipparser2 ...
dnl AC_CHECK_LIB adds osip2 & osipparser2 to LIBS
    OSIP_LIBS=$LIBS
    LDFLAGS=$LDFLAGS_save
    LIBS=$LIBS_save

If you will notice:
OSIP is set to "-L[osip library path] -losipparser"
When the script is initially run:
LIB = ""
Then, as the dnl comment states, osip and osipparser are added. This results in:
LIB = "-losipparser -losip"
Then OSIP is set to LIB. HERE IS THE PROBLEM
OSIP_LIB should be "-L[osip library path] -losipparser -losip" NOT "-losipparser -losip"

The lack of a "-L prefix" will not only result in the subseqent exosip.m4 script failing for any compiler that is not the standard gcc, but it will also fail for any exosip library that is not in the standard /usr/local directory.

May I suggest adding the --with-exosip option? This would increase the flexibilty of where someone can have his or her libraries.

Hope I haven't regurgitated something you guys already know. I am new to linphone, go easy on me.

Omar Chanouha

OTech Engineering Inc.
President
email: address@hidden