[Linphone-developers] Difference between video profiles "MP4V-ES" and "H

From: Andreas Pretzsch
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Difference between video profiles "MP4V-ES" and "H264"
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 03:32:34 +0100

I'm a bit puzzled regarding the difference between the video
codecs "MP4V-ES" and "H264".

Both peers I have in use as reference
        CounterPath EyeBeam (Windows SoftPhone)
        Grandstream GXV-3000
support H.264 in different flavours, while linphone supports MP4V-ES.

To my current understanding, H.264 and MPEG4 AVC baseline profile are
comparable to a large extent.

During negotiation, video codec selection fails because of
MP4V-ES != H264.
The question is, is it just a matter of naming or do I have to dig
deeper into this ?

--

carpe noctem engineering
Ingenieurbuero fuer Hard- & Software-Entwicklung Andreas Pretzsch