Re: [Linux-uvc-devel] [Linphone-developers] 064e:a101 Suyin Corp. Cam in

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linux-uvc-devel] [Linphone-developers] 064e:a101 Suyin Corp. Cam in Acer Notebook
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:05:47 +0100

Hi,

Thank you for the advice. I wonder if the problem isn't related to threads,
since the grabbing process is done within a dedicated thread in linphone.
Furthermore, the init phase (open, ioctl to setup format and size) is done
from one thread, while the mmaps, stream-on and QBUF and DQBUF are done by
another thread.
However the instructions are serialised (the mmap/stream-on/Q/DQ) occurs AFTER
the init phase.
But I wonder if it cannot confuse the usb stack.
The last complain was from somebody using an "Acer CrystalEye" camera.

Simon