RE: [Linphone-developers] Quelques questions concernant Linphone

From: Gregory GEORGES
Subject: RE: [Linphone-developers] Quelques questions concernant Linphone
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:05:10 +0200

Maybe english will be best suited for the mailing list J

I contact you because I have some problems to compile LinPhone on Windows.

I took the sources from version 1.7.1 and try to compile all from start. But I chose to use the Cygwin gcc instead of MinGW.

I have 2 problems that are stoping me from compiling all the project :

Ø     After going through some problems to compile the external libraries, I am currently compiling the internal libraries (oRTP, mediastreamer and eXosip). Apparently it seems I can not use the video without having to compile a full fledged Linux kernel in order to use “videodev.h”. On the website there is no mention of such a process. Is the problem because I use Cygwin instead of MinGW, or because the video has to be managed differently under Windows ?

Ø     I’m no expert in autotools files but when I try to compile the library with “—enable-strict” flag, it replaces the Cygwin path (“/cygdrive/c/...”) by a Windows path (“C:\...”). I managed to avoid the problem by changing the .la files after using configure but it’s quite boring to change that each time I run the configure script. Apparently this problem only appears in the “mediastreamer2” part but I didn’t find anything wrong in the .in files. Does someone have the same problem ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

I hope the new version using osip 3.0.x for eXosip will come out soon.

Have a nice day J

Grégory GEORGES