Re: [Linphone-developers] : I am intending to use oRTP for the applicati

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] : I am intending to use oRTP for the application that we are working on.]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:45:28 +0200

Hi,

I don't know exactly how you used the library for text, but
rtp_session_recv_with_ts() is done for sample based codecs (pcm,pcmu,pcma)
and inserts silence automatically in place of untransmitted samples.
This is maybe the reason for your "garbage".

You should better use rtp_session_recvm_with_ts(), which returns a mblk_t
structure, whose data is always between m->b_cont->b_rptr and
m->b_cont->b_wptr.

Simon