[Linphone-developers] Memory leak in ortp?

From: Krichevsky, Alex \(Alex\)
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Memory leak in ortp?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:36:35 +0200

Hi all,
Using the MemScope tool I found that there is an allocation of a big amount of memory (65536 bytes) in ortp that is never been freed, even when I close the RTP session by calling rtp_session_destroy().

The allocation is for mblk_t structure. It always takes place according to the following trace:

...->rtp_session_send_with_ts()->rtp_session_create_packet()->allocb->datab_alloc->ortp_malloc()->malloc()
It doesn't happen all the time, but usually there's one such leak per one voice session.

Is it some problem in ortp or maybe it is caused by improper use of the ortp API?

Any ideas and any help is appreciated…..

Regards,

Alex