[Linphone-developers] Unable to Save SIP Proxy Information

From: greyfox
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Unable to Save SIP Proxy Information
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:15:20 -0600

    Jay> Hi ,
    Jay>   I am adding a SIP proxy, and Linphone (Gnome version) saves it. Once
I exit Linphone, and restart it, i do not see the PRoxy info any more. Please
help!!

    Jay>  Can you also tell me which file (txt file, in which Directory) does
Linphone use to save/read the configurations?
    Jay> And is there any logging, I can enable, How to do it, and where to
look for logs?

Are you using the 1.0.1 linphone, a later one from CVS or a previous
version from elsewhere? The gnome linphone client in 1.0.1 stores its
config file in $HOME/.gnome2/linphone. If you start the client from an
xterm instead of from the gnome menu, it'll dump a good bit of
information to the terminal as the application runs, so you might try
doing that and see if any error pops up while the client's running.

Linphonecore's pretty heavily dependent on the config file format, so
if you're writing your own client it's easiest just to generate the
config file with the gnome client and use linphone's API to use it
from there.

--
Bruce Ide