Re: [Linphone-developers] sndcard input sources

From: Simon MORLAT
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] sndcard input sources
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:43:13 +0100

Hello Jamey,

Is this for an alsa driver ?
Alsa drivers seem to have normalized names for inputs : "Mic", "Phone" etc... Why not assuming that all different intputs would always have those name and then just add:
gint snd_card_set_rec_source(SndCard *obj, const char * inputname);
that would replace the old snd_card_set_rec_source(SndCard*, char) prototype.
Then a function
gboolean snd_card_rec_source_exists(SndCard *obj, const char *inputname);
to know if a particular input exists for the soundcard.
Tell me if it fits your requirement. If ok, you can make the patch.
Simon

Jamey Hicks wrote:

I would like to add a way to get the input (recording) source names to
the mediastreamer framework so that a user can choose among multiple
microphones, for example.

gchar *snd_card_get_rec_source_name(SndCard *obj, int source)

If this is OK, I'll add it to sndcard.[ch] and alsacard.[ch] and send a
patch.

Jamey