Re: [Linphone-developers] help me!

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] help me!
Date: 24 Mar 2003 21:27:04 +0100

Well, it's not so difficult: the mediastreamer is a library where you
can manipulate MSFilter object. Each MSFilter derived object implements
a particular algorithm within its _process() function.
MSSpeexEnc : encoding to speex frame (speex codec).
MSMulawEnc : encoding to mulaw frames (g711 codec).
MSRtpSend  : sends RTP packets
Each MSFilter can be connected to another to form a sort of pipeline of
processing.
To read a raw file from disk, encode it to mulaw, and send it through
rtp, you have to do the following pipeline:
MSRead-->MSMulawEnc-->MSRtpSend
See the test_*.c examples to find examples of pipelines.
The audiostream.c file is not really part of the mediastreamer library,
it is used directly by linphone's core part as an object file. It
creates the correct pipelines according to the arguments given by
linphone's core.
Simon