Re: More on outline list numbering markup

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: More on outline list numbering markup
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 11:05:15 +0200

Am Mo., 15. Apr. 2019 um 12:41 Uhr schrieb Andrew Bernard
<address@hidden>:
> But I swear the creation of the macro is not mentioned in the 2.19 manuals. I
> certainly looked hard. Should this be a documentation enhancement request?
> Else tell me the exact reference please - that would be useful.

Well, the macro `define-markup-command´ defines a
`COMMAND-markup´-function and a `make-COMMAND-markup´-function.
I think the `COMMAND-markup´-function is covered in Extending-Manual,
the `make-COMMAND-markup´-function is only mentioned in examples.
So, yes, this part is missing. OTOH, we can't explain every internal,
it's too much. At some point one needs to look into the source-code.
Better/extended doc-strings and code-comments would be helpful, here
I'd locate the most TODOs.

Cheers,
  Harm