Re: scheme memory address

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: scheme memory address
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 20:30:36 +0000

From: Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden>
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 8:17 AM
To: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Cc: lilypond-user <address@hidden>

I wanted to print the address of the variable x and then the address of the parameter lst just to show that x and lst have different address (so  x is passed by value. I could infer the same assigning to lst a new value and see that at the exit of the function x didn't get update). I hope I didn't say nothing wrong.

Here's a stack overflow discussion about the various equal predicates in Scheme.  If you want to find out if two variables are the same object in memory, use eq? or eqv?, depending on the type of data the variables are (i.e., the data that the symbol is bound to).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16299246/what-is-the-difference-between-eq-eqv-equal-and-in-scheme

I think understanding it would help you.

Thanks,

Carl