divisi music for one measure

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: divisi music for one measure
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 15:19:08 +0200

Hi List,

I have the following MWE:

\version "2.19.82"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    \name AltLyrics
    \alias Lyrics
    \override LyricText.font-shape = #'italic
  }
  \context {
    \StaffGroup
    \accepts AltLyrics

%% Doesn't do a lot, apart from avoid warnings when generating midi output
\midi {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    \name AltLyrics
    \alias Lyrics
  }
  \context {
    \StaffGroup
    \accepts AltLyrics

voceMusicSop = \relative c'' {
  \autoBeamOff \dynamicUp  \stemUp
  \time 4/8

  % 1-3
  R2*3

  | %4
  r4 r8 f,\(

  | %5
  des'4 bes

  | %6
  f bes8 c

  | %7
  a8. f16 f4~

  | %8
  f4.\) r8
}

voceLyricsSop = \lyricmode {

  \markup { 1. Was } ist Di -- do das ganz An -- de -- re? __
}

altvoceLyricsSop = \lyricmode {

  What is, Di -- do, the whol -- ly Oth -- er? __
}
\score {

  \new Staff = "voci" <<
  \new Voice = "voceSop" <<
            \voceMusicSop

          \new Lyrics = "voceLyricsSopContext" \lyricsto "voceSop" {
            { \voceLyricsSop }
          }
          \new AltLyrics \lyricsto "voceSop" {
            \altvoceLyricsSop

The client wants the music at Bar 6 and 7 to have different notes, but only affecting the English lyrics. How do I do this? The \altvoceLyricsSop contents are already attached to voceSop, and if I start a new voice at this point, how do I ensure that only the lyrics in \altvocoLyricsSop get attached to it, then resume following \voceMusicSop afterwards?

Thanks for the help,