Adding parallel thirds to the notes of a melody

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Adding parallel thirds to the notes of a melody
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 08:15:22 +0200

The following "test" function adds parallel thirds to the notes of a melody:

\version "2.21.0"
scale = {c d e f g a b}
test  =
#(define-music-function (music) (ly:music?)
   #{
     \partCombine $music \modalTranspose c e \scale $music
   #})

\test {\voiceOne a b c'}

I don't have lilypond programming experience and I would like to know:

- if there are hidden mistakes
- if it is better to write the function in a different way
- how I could avoid to write \voiceOne in \test {\voiceOne a b c'}
- how I can encapsulate scale, inside the "test" function

Thank you, g.