Re: \magnifyStaff, slurs, ties

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: \magnifyStaff, slurs, ties
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 10:47:28 +0200

Am So., 31. März 2019 um 20:33 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> The attached example demonstrates a bug in handling the extent of a
> slur within a scaled staff.  [Looking into the lilypond issues I
> wasn't able to find something related; I will report the problem if no
> one comes up with an issue number.]

I think the changed fontSize together with changed
StaffSymbol.staff-space, causes different behaviour of the Slur.

> Attached is also what I have so far to circumvent the issue, namely to
> raise the slur's left position.  However, I was unable to move the
> slur's starting point to the left.  Any ideas?  Perhaps rotation and
> scaling?  Or something completely different?

Why not \shape?
You can use it as tweak and for broken Slurs as well, pseudo-code:

<note> -\shape #'(
  () ;; do nothing for first part
  my-number-pair-list ;; tackle second part
)
( ;; start Slur
\break
<other-note> ) ;; end Slur