Re: Use GhostScript API instead of forking (issue 548030043 by address@h

From: dak
Subject: Re: Use GhostScript API instead of forking (issue 548030043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 12:37:56 -0700

On 2020/04/30 19:15:23, hahnjo wrote:
> This probably goes without saying, but touching such core
functionality should
> receive very rigid testing. I hope I got most things covered, but
especially
> manual feedback would be very much appreciated!

Sounds pretty good.  A great long-term perspective would be to use Cairo
for everything (or almost everything).  Last time I looked, the PDF
document model was insufficient for getting all LilyPond PDF features
supported, but that may have changed.

LilyPond's internal graphical data structures are certainly worth
replacing with something more compact.  If stencils were just Cairo
data...

https://codereview.appspot.com/548030043/