Re: problems with \cueDuring and events

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: problems with \cueDuring and events
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 19:20:36 +0200 (CEST)

> acciaccatura contains
>     \temporary \override Flag.stroke-style = #"grace"
> reverting it at the end.
>
> Per default override/revert is not quoted.  You may extend
> quotedCueEventTypes by `Override´ and `Revert´ to get the slashed
> grace.

Aah!  Thanks a lot!

> Though, now _all_ overrides will be quoted.

OK.

> `Override´ and `Revert´ are not listed in the IR but in
> `define-event-classes.scm'.

This is something which should be fixed!  I had a look how the
documentation gets generated, but it is far too much Scheme code for
me, alas.  Can you perhaps provide a fix?

> Not sure why `OverrideProperty´ and `RevertProperty´ is not
> sufficient.

Maybe because `{Override,Revert}Property' are music expressions and
not events?

The last riddle are tremolo beams: This MWE

  \version "2.19.82"

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
        quotedCueEventTypes = #'(
          note-event
          rest-event
          tie-event
          beam-event
          tuplet-span-event
          tremolo-event
          tremolo-span-event
          Override
          Revert
          )
    }
  }

  quoteMe = \relative {
    fis'8 fis4. \repeat tremolo 4 { b16 c }
  }
  \addQuote quoteMe \quoteMe

  <<
    \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Quoted Voice" } {
      \quoteMe
    }
    \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "quoteDuring" } {
      \relative { c'8 \quoteDuring "quoteMe" { s2.. } }
    }

causes the attached output.  Are there still some events missing?

    Werner
GNU LilyPond 2.21.0
Processing `q.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Interpreting music...
q.ly:22:13: warning: unterminated chord tremolo
fis'8 fis4.
            \repeat tremolo 4 { b16 c }
Preprocessing graphical objects...
q.ly:22:37: programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
encountered for #'direction (Stem)
fis'8 fis4. \repeat tremolo 4 { b16
                                    c }
q.ly:22:37: continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Grob direction requested while calculation in progress.
continuing, cross fingers
q.ly:22:33: programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
encountered for #'direction (Stem)
fis'8 fis4. \repeat tremolo 4 {
                                b16 c }
q.ly:22:33: continuing, cross fingers
programming error: Grob direction requested while calculation in progress.
continuing, cross fingers
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
q.ly:22:33: programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
encountered for #'stem-begin-position (Stem)
fis'8 fis4. \repeat tremolo 4 {
                                b16 c }
q.ly:22:33: continuing, cross fingers
q.ly:22:33: programming error: ly:stem::calc-length called but will not be used
for beamed stem.
fis'8 fis4. \repeat tremolo 4 {
                                b16 c }
q.ly:22:33: continuing, cross fingers
q.ly:22:37: programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
encountered for #'stem-begin-position (Stem)
fis'8 fis4. \repeat tremolo 4 { b16
                                    c }
q.ly:22:37: continuing, cross fingers
q.ly:22:37: programming error: ly:stem::calc-length called but will not be used
for beamed stem.
fis'8 fis4. \repeat tremolo 4 { b16
                                    c }
q.ly:22:37: continuing, cross fingers
Layout output to `/tmp/lilypond-73hoNr'...
Converting to `q.pdf'...
Deleting `/tmp/lilypond-73hoNr'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

PNG image