Re: 2.20 plans.

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: 2.20 plans.
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 11:11:36 +0200

Il giorno ven 12 ott 2018 alle 16:30, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha scritto:
"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

 Hi,

I don't think there is much of a point in delaying more. I've recently made another run through patches that should be in 2.20 and pushed to
 stable/2.20 branch.

 I think further integration work is as likely to destabilize as to
 stabilize stuff (if I not already did so), so the plan is to have
 a) let Phil release 2.19.83 as soon as he wants
b) release 2.20.0 from that state (with a few cherry-picks on top) about
 a week after the last urgent "stop the presses" call.  Those would
involve synching up documentation and bug fixes so obviously important that one would rather see them in than give them some time for testing.

This will be followed (as soon as the state of download/web pages and
 Phil's resources permit) with releasing 2.21.0 to get an unstable
 version to refer to.

I'm getting a bizarre problem with 2.20. I did my updates to VERSION, news, etc. and ran a make to check all was OK. It failed being unable
 to find Documentation/pt/.  If I ls in a terminal, the directory is
 not shown.  If I look with Nautilus it's there.

Nautilus may show files it knows that may be recovered from backup.

 I know it's been deleted in master,

Obviously I am not quite in the loop: why would we have done that?

That's the question we should answer.
I don't see why it shouldn't be merged into master.

 but not in stable/2.20 and I really can't see why it should be there
 in the file viewer but not via terminal.

 Anyone any idea??

I doubt we _have_ working Portuguese documentation for 2.20, so it is
likely that I cherrypicked too little or too much.

Rafael, brazilian translator, translated only the website.
It's working correctly and I can build and see it in the translation branch.