Re: First separator for subassignments must be '.' (issue 341490043 by a

From: dak
Subject: Re: First separator for subassignments must be '.' (issue 341490043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2018 10:27:43 -0700

On 2018/10/03 16:56:27, thomasmorley651 wrote:
Even without your patch one can do:

Oh, I forgot: "even without your patch" points to a misunderstanding.
The sole purpose of this patch is to remove a previously accepted
construct for assignment because, well, I was troubled by a discussion
pointing out that it was accepted (though only in assignment, not in
reference).

It doesn't seem either practically nor conceptually useful, there was no
discussion when I implemented it as part of another patch, and it seems
like a mistake to me now that I did so.

https://codereview.appspot.com/341490043/