[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 1367 di

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 1367 discussion
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 13:31:32 -0000

Psses make, make check and a full make doc.

reg test diffs here:

https://nc-cluster02.yourownnet.cloud/index.php/s/zCN9mofqBeNYNRK

[issues:#1367] Enhancement: NoteNames context should handle any note names language

Created: Wed Oct 27, 2010 02:45 PM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:12 PM UTC
Owner: Valentin Villenave
Attachments:

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: v.villenave
Originally owned by: v.villenave

As Mats noticed a few years ago, default (Nederlands) note names are hardcoded in the Note_names_engraver: in the following example, the notes are entered in Spanish but printed in Dutch.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-03/msg00021.html

\version "2.13.37"
\include "espanol.ly"
notes = \relative do' { do re mi do }
\new Staff <<
  \notes
  \context NoteNames { \notes }

It would be more elegant to use the pitchnames variable (just like \displayLilyMusic does) so we could print note names in any language.

--

Valentin Villenave - 2019-02-02

OK, here’s a (I hope) much better patch that not only deals with the Note_name_engraver, but also aims to make all of the note-/pitch-naming functions more consistent and flexible (including in chord names). Included is a regtest showing off the new capabilities offered by this engraver, including quite a few user-settable properties and Scheme functions. (Documentation is not included yet though, as I’d like to first settle on an agreed feature set, property names and general mechanism.)

Please let me know if you think I’m on the right track here:
https://codereview.appspot.com/221710044/#ps60001

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/