lightning

IR / Argument registers

From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
Subject: IR / Argument registers
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 15:07:54 +0100

1.

Paulo, some years you mentioned that you planned to design an IR (target-specific) that can be dumped into a file and can be reloaded later.  Has there been any progress in this area, or have the next steps been identified?

Obviously, we would have to be able to mark some immediate as relocatable, and the process replaying the IR would have to provide the relocated values.

2.

Paul, also some years ago, sent a patch making JIT_A(n), corresponding to the n-th register argument, available to the user.  Could we eventually get something like it into the upstream version?

Thanks,

Marc