Re: GNU Libtool - Licensing

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool - Licensing
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 15:48:47 -0800

Hi Christopher,

My current employer does not sign FSF disclaimers, so I have not been able to
work on libtool for the last 4 years.  I’m Cc:ing the libtool list where you
might find someone who can help.

However, the intent of the exceptions is to allow you to build your software
using libtool without forcing you to license your own code as GPL - anything
that suggests otherwise is certainly an oversight or a misunderstanding.

I see that the upstream sources for options-parser have had their license texts
updated since the last libtool release:

https://github.com/gnulib-modules/bootstrap/blob/master/build-aux/options-parser

...so, in the worst case you could rebootstrap your libtool tree with the
latest gnulib and bootstrap-modules to get an ltmain.sh without the confusing
licenses?

Cheers,
Gary

Sent from my iPhone