Re: Compiling C++

From: martin
Subject: Re: Compiling C++
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:01:59 +0100

On 06/07/15 23:18, Simon Richter wrote:
Hi,

On 06.07.2015 20:17, martin wrote:

Random files are generated wth .loT file type.
Files ending in T are temporary files that are generated because some
compilers do not delete the output file on failure. These are renamed to
the same name without the T at the end of the build step they belong to.

If these remain somewhere, then something went wrong, for example an
aborted build didn't clean them up.

Files with the suffix .lo are generated by libtool, these are normal
object files (.o), but compiled with the options necessary for shared
libraries.

The .loT files you see are thus remnants of a compiler invocation from
libtool, and got left when a build was aborted or failed because the
harddisk ran full. They can be safely deleted.

   Simon