Re: [RFC] any critical patches for a release this weekend?

From: Richard PALO
Subject: Re: [RFC] any critical patches for a release this weekend?
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 05:56:07 +0200

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: Bug: linking shared libraries on Cygwin results in undefined references to __stack_chck_guard for code compiled with -fstack-protector Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 22:24:15 -0500
On Sat, 15 May 2010 09:07:49 +0200
Bart Van Assche <address@hidden> wrote:
> This behavior has been observed with libtool version 2.2.6.

Bug confirmed.  When code is compiled with -fstack-protector{,-all},
GCC "emits extra code to check for buffer overflows, such as stack
smashing attacks".  This extra code uses symbols from libssp, and
therefore (at least) Cygwin's GCC specs contain:

*link_ssp:
%{fstack-protector|fstack-protector-all:-lssp_nonshared -lssp}

Therefore, when libtool fails to pass -fstack-protector{,-all} at link
stage, the link fails.

Patch attached.  (Yes, I have a copyright assignment on file.)

Yaakov
Cygwin/X