Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:45:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

* Bob Friesenhahn wrote on Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 05:45:45PM CEST:
Unfortunately, my MinGW testing is not so successful.  The testing
still quits part-way through with some sort of make-related issue
(as reported in detail previously).

I don't have that previous report on my radar.  Can you point us to it,
please?

This is the situation where the tests quit mid-way like this:

PASS: tests/depdemo-shared-unst.test
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `.log', needed by `test-suite.log'.  Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/bfriesen/mingw/libtool-head'
make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/bfriesen/mingw/libtool-head'
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bfriesen/mingw/libtool-head'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bfriesen/mingw/libtool-head'
make: *** [check] Error 2

I am not finding this posted to a libtool list so it was probabably in off-list discussion among libtool core developers.

The above is produced today after re-installing MinGW/GCC using the latest TDM GCC installer (with GCC 4.5.1). It is similar to what I observed before. The test suite used to work so I assume that the issue is due to some change in the past few months, such as in Automake.

There are no autotools installed in this MinGW installation. Libtool is bootstrapped on a Solaris system.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn